"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Zarxio (filgrastim-sndz), the first biosimilar product approved in the United States.
Biological products are generally derived from a living organism. They can come from many sources, in"...
- That CYRAMZA can cause severe bleeding. Advise patients to contact their health care provider for bleeding or symptoms of bleeding including lightheadedness [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Of increased risk of an arterial thromboembolic event [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To undergo routine blood pressure monitoring and to contact their health care provider if blood pressure is elevated or if symptoms from hypertension occur including severe headache, lightheadedness, or neurologic symptoms [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To notify their health care provider for severe diarrhea, vomiting, or severe abdominal pain [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- That CYRAMZA has the potential to impair wound healing. Instruct patients not to undergo surgery without first discussing this potential risk with their health care provider [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Of the potential risk for maintaining pregnancy, risk to the fetus, or risk to postnatal development during and following treatment with CYRAMZA and the need to avoid getting pregnant, including use of adequate contraception, for at least 3 months following the last dose of CYRAMZA [see Use in Specific Populations].
- To discontinue nursing during CYRAMZA treatment [see Use in Specific Populations].
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/9/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Cyramza Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.