"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cerdelga (eliglustat) for the long-term treatment of adult patients with the Type 1 form of Gaucher disease, a rare genetic disorder.
Gaucher disease occurs in people who do not produce e"...
Patients should be advised of the following information before beginning treatment with Cystadane (betaine anhydrous) :
Dosing and Administration
- Instruct patients and caregivers that Cystadane (betaine anhydrous) should only be taken as directed by their healthcare professional.
- Instruct patients and caregivers to administer Cystadane (betaine anhydrous) as follows:
- Shake bottle lightly before removing cap.
- Measure with the scoop provided.
- Measure the number of scoops as prescribed by their healthcare professional. One level scoop (1.7 mL) is equivalent to 1 gram of betaine anhydrous powder.
- Mix powder with 4 to 6 ounces (120 to 180 mL) of water, juice, milk, or formula until completely dissolved, or mix with food, then ingest mixture immediately.
- Always replace the cap tightly after using, and protect powder from moisture.
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/22/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Cystadane Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.