In this Article
- What other names is Danshen known by?
- What is Danshen?
- How does Danshen work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Danshen.
There is some concern that it might also cause drowsiness, dizziness, and a blood condition called thrombocytopenia. But there isn't enough information to know for sure if danshen causes these side effects.
Do not use danshen if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Danshen might increase the risk of bleeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.