"Nov. 16, 2012 -- Air pollution may be bad for older brains, a new study shows.
Older adults who live in areas of high pollution did not do as well on tests of memory and other thinking skills, according to a new study.
Dantrium Capsules Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What are the possible side effects of dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- How should I take dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What should I avoid while taking dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- What other drugs will affect dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to dantrolene, or if you have liver disease such as hepatitis or cirrhosis.
You may be more likely to develop liver problems while taking dantrolene if you are a woman, or if you are older than 35. Talk with your doctor about your individual risk.
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication:
- a history of liver disease;
- a breathing disorder such as COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease); or
- heart disease, or a history of heart attack.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether dantrolene is harmful to an unborn baby. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Dantrolene can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Dantrolene should not be given to a child younger than 5 years old.
How should I take dantrolene (Dantrium Capsules)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water. If you take dantrolene within 4 hours before surgery, use only enough water needed to swallow the pill.
Dantrolene can cause muscle weakness, which can affect your ability to swallow. Use caution to prevent choking while you are eating meals. Talk with your doctor if you are unable to eat because of this side effect.
Store dantrolene at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Dantrium Capsules Information
Dantrium Capsules - User Reviews
Dantrium Capsules User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.