"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared Omega3-rich fish skin for tissue healing for surgical applications, Kerecis, the Reykjavik, Iceland-based company that developed the product has announced.
Kerecis Omega3 SecureMes"...
Dapsone Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is dapsone ?
- What are the possible side effects of dapsone ?
- What is the most important information I should know about dapsone ?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking dapsone ?
- How should I take dapsone ?
- What happens if I miss a dose ?
- What happens if I overdose ?
- What should I avoid while taking dapsone ?
- What other drugs will affect dapsone ?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking dapsone ?
Do not take dapsone without first talking to your doctor if you have
- glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency;
- methemoglobin reductase deficiency (hemoglobin M); or
- liver disease.
You may not be able to take dapsone, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Dapsone is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether it will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take dapsone without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
Dapsone passes into breast milk and may affect a nursing baby. Do not take dapsone without first talking to your doctor if you are nursing a baby.
How should I take dapsone ?
Take dapsone exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Taking dapsone with food may decrease stomach upset, should it occur.
It is important to take dapsone regularly to get the most benefit.
Your doctor may want you to have blood tests or other forms of monitoring during treatment with dapsone.
Store dapsone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Dapsone Information
Dapsone - User Reviews
Dapsone User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.