"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting hospitals, health care professionals, and patients of a voluntary recall of all non-expired drug products produced and distributed for sterile use by Abrams Royal Compounding Pharmacy in Dallas, T"...
Daraprim Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- What are the possible side effects of pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- What is the most important information I should know about pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- How should I take pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Daraprim)?
- What happens if I overdose (Daraprim)?
- What should I avoid while taking pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- What other drugs will affect pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
Before taking pyrimethamine, tell your doctor if you have
- had an allergic reaction to previous treatment with pyrimethamine,
- megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency,
- seizures or epilepsy,
- kidney disease, or
- liver disease.
You may not be able to take pyrimethamine, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Pyrimethamine is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether pyrimethamine will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take pyrimethamine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
Pyrimethamine passes into breast milk and may be harmful to a nursing infant. Do not take pyrimethamine without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take pyrimethamine (Daraprim)?
Take pyrimethamine exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Take pyrimethamine with food to lessen stomach upset.
Store pyrimethamine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Daraprim Information
- Daraprim Drug Interactions Center: pyrimethamine oral
- Daraprim Side Effects Center
- Daraprim Overview including Precautions
- Daraprim FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Daraprim - User Reviews
Daraprim User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.