"May 28, 2010 (New Orleans) -- If your child insists his positive drug test results are a mistake, there's a chance he could be telling the truth.
Drug tests generally produce false-positive results in 5% to 10% of cases and false negati"...
(oxaprozin potassium) 600 mg Tablets
- NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patient's with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk (see WARNINGS)
- Daypro ALTA™ (oxaprozin) is contraindicated for treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery (see WARNINGS).
- NSAID's cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events (see WARNINGS).
DAYPRO ALTA (oxaprozin potassium tablets) is a member of the propionic acid group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Each blue, capsule-shaped tablet contains oxaprozin potassium (678mg equivalent to 600mg of oxaprozin) for oral administration. The chemical name for oxaprozin potassium is 4,5-diphenyl-2-oxazolepropionic acid, potassium salt. Its empirical formula is C18H14NO3K and molecular weight is 331. Oxaprozin potassium is a white to off white powder with a melting point of 215°C. It is slightly soluble in alcohol and very soluble in water. The PK in water is 9.7.
It has the following structural formula:
Inactive ingredients in DAYPRO ALTA (oxaprozin) tablets include microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, pregelatinized corn starch, stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, and pharmaceutical glaze.
What are the possible side effects of oxaprozin (Daypro)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking oxaprozin and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of...
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/17/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Daypro Alta Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options