"May 28, 2010 (New Orleans) -- If your child insists his positive drug test results are a mistake, there's a chance he could be telling the truth.
Drug tests generally produce false-positive results in 5% to 10% of cases and false negati"...
Daypro Alta Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Daypro
Generic Name: oxaprozin (Pronunciation: ox a PROE zin)
- What is oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- What are the possible side effects of oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- What is the most important information I should know about oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- How should I take oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Daypro Alta)?
- What happens if I overdose (Daypro Alta)?
- What should I avoid while taking oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- What other drugs will affect oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
Oxaprozin is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Oxaprozin works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Oxaprozin is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by arthritis.
Oxaprozin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Daypro 600 mg
oblong, white, imprinted with DAYPRO, 13 81
Oxaprozin 600 mg-APO
oblong, white, imprinted with APO, OXA 600
Oxaprozin 600 mg-RED
oval, yellow, imprinted with 0170, C
Oxaprozin 600 mg-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 0924, 9 3
What are the possible side effects of oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking oxaprozin and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach, mild heartburn or stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation; bloating, gas;
- dizziness, headache, nervousness;
- skin itching or rash;
- dry mouth;
- increased sweating, runny nose;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Daypro Alta (oxaprozin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about oxaprozin (Daypro Alta)?
This medicine can increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery (also called coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).
Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.
This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are taking oxaprozin. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects.
Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Additional Daypro Alta Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options