"Feb. 11, 2013 -- If you're searching for a new car, a new house, or a new TV, you'll likely compare prices. If you're in the market for a new hip, though, that might not be easy, according to a study published online in JAMA Internal Medicine."...
Daypro Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Daypro
Generic Name: oxaprozin (Pronunciation: ox a PROE zin)
- What is oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- What are the possible side effects of oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- What is the most important information I should know about oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- How should I take oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Daypro)?
- What happens if I overdose (Daypro)?
- What should I avoid while taking oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- What other drugs will affect oxaprozin (Daypro)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is oxaprozin (Daypro)?
Oxaprozin is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Oxaprozin works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Oxaprozin is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by arthritis.
Oxaprozin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Daypro 600 mg
oblong, white, imprinted with DAYPRO, 13 81
Oxaprozin 600 mg-APO
oblong, white, imprinted with APO, OXA 600
Oxaprozin 600 mg-RED
oval, yellow, imprinted with 0170, C
Oxaprozin 600 mg-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 0924, 9 3
What are the possible side effects of oxaprozin (Daypro)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking oxaprozin and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach, mild heartburn or stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation; bloating, gas;
- dizziness, headache, nervousness;
- skin itching or rash;
- dry mouth;
- increased sweating, runny nose;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Daypro (oxaprozin caplets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about oxaprozin (Daypro)?
This medicine can increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery (also called coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).
Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.
This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are taking oxaprozin. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects.
Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Additional Daypro Information
Daypro - User Reviews
Daypro User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options