DDAVP Nasal Spray
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Eloctate, Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant), Fc fusion protein, for use in adults and children who have Hemophilia A. Eloctate is the first Hemophilia A treatment designed to require less fre"...
DDAVP Nasal Spray
DDAVP® Nasal Spray
A better way to deliver DDAVP
Delivering DDAVP more efficiently
Your doctor has prescribed DDAVP as antidiuretic hormone replacement therapy. Follow the dosage schedule that is specified. The convenient nasal spray pump provides an efficient, reliable way to administer your medication. It is important, however, to adhere completely to the following instructions so that you will always receive a consistent dose of your medication.
CAUTION: The nasal spray pump accurately delivers 50 doses of 10 micrograms each. Any solution remaining after 50 doses should be discarded since the amount delivered thereafter per actuation may be substantially less than 10 micrograms of drug. Do not transfer any remaining solution to another bottle. Please read the following instructions carefully before using the spray pump.
Ensure that in children administration is under adult supervision in order to control the dose intake.
If you accidentally deliver/administer too much of a dose, immediately telephone your doctor or a certified Regional Poison Center for advice. Possible signs of overdose may include confusion, drowsiness, continuing headache, problems with passing urine and rapid weight gain due to fluid retention.
Using your DDAVP Nasal Spray (desmopressin acetate nasal spray) Pump
- Remove protective cap.
- The spray pump must be primed prior to the first use. To prime pump, press down 4 times.
- Once primed, the spray pump delivers 10 micrograms of medication each time
it is pressed. To ensure dosing accuracy, tilt bottle so that dip tube inside
the bottle draws from the deepest portion of the medication.
- Replace the protective cap on bottle after use. The pump will stay primed for up to one week. If the product has not been used for a period of one week, re-prime the pump by pressing once.
- We have included a convenient check-off chart to assist you in keeping track of medication doses used. This will help assure that you receive 50 "full doses" of medication. Please note that the bottle has been filled with extra solution to accommodate the initial priming activity.
DDAVP Nasal Spray (desmopressin acetate nasal spray) 5
- Retain with medication or affix in convenient location.
- Starting with dose #1, check off after each administration.
- Discard medication after 50 doses.
Store at Controlled Room Temperature 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F) [see USP]. STORE BOTTLE IN UPRIGHT POSITION.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/12/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional DDAVP Nasal Spray Information
DDAVP Nasal Spray - User Reviews
DDAVP Nasal Spray User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.