DDAVP Rhinal Tube
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved a new use for Jakafi (ruxolitinib) to treat patients with polycythemia vera, a chronic type of bone marrow disease. Jakafi is the first drug approved by the FDA for this condition.
DDAVP Rhinal Tube
DDAVP Rhinal Tube Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What are the possible side effects of desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What is the most important information I should know about desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- How should I use desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What happens if I overdose (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What should I avoid while using desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- What other drugs will affect desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to desmopressin, or if you have:
- severe kidney disease; or
- if you have ever had hyponatremia (low sodium levels in your body).
Before using desmopressin nasal, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any medications, or if you have:
- heart disease, coronary artery disease;
- congestive heart failure;
- kidney disease;
- cystic fibrosis;
- high or low blood pressure;
- an electrolyte imbalance; or
- a psychologic disorder that causes extreme or unusual thirst.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use desmopressin.
Desmopressin nasal may be less effective if you have any swelling or scarring inside your nose, or any nasal or sinus problems (such as deviated septum).
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Do not use desmopressin nasal without telling your doctor if you are pregnant.
It is not known whether desmopressin nasal passes into breast milk, or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use desmopressin nasal without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I use desmopressin nasal (DDAVP Rhinal Tube)?
Use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
This medication comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
It is very important to reduce your intake of water and other fluids while you are using desmopressin. Drinking too much water can cause your body to lose sodium, which may lead to a serious, life-threatening electrolyte imbalance.
Fluid restriction is especially important in children and older adults using desmopressin nasal. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.
Before using desmopressin nasal spray for the first time, prime the spray pump by pressing down on the pump 4 times.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood will need to be tested often. This will help your doctor determine how long to treat you with desmopressin nasal. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Keep track of how many sprays have been used from each bottle of desmopressin nasal spray. Stimate nasal spray contains enough desmopressin for the priming spray plus 25 full sprays. DDAVP nasal spray contains enough desmopressin for the priming spray plus 50 sprays. Your patient instructions may include a check-off chart to help you keep an accurate record or sprays you use.
If you are treating hemophilia or von Willebrand's disease, call your doctor if your bleeding is not controlled during treatment with desmopressin nasal.
The desmopressin nasal spray bottle should be thrown away after the specified number of sprays have been used, even if there is medicine leftover in the bottle. Do not try to pour solution from one bottle to another.
Store DDAVP nasal spray at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle in an upright position when not in use.
Store Stimate nasal spray or DDAVP Rhinal Tube in the refrigerator. Do not freeze. If refrigeration is not available, you may keep the closed bottles at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Additional DDAVP Rhinal Tube Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.