"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an update on outcomes from 2012 to 2014 of the unprecedented multistate outbreak of fungal meningitis and other infections associated with contaminated methylprednisolone acetate (MP"...
Declomycin Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- What are the possible side effects of demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- How should I take demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Declomycin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Declomycin)?
- What should I avoid while taking demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- What other drugs will affect demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Declomycin)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Declomycin)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
Do not take demeclocycline with milk or other dairy products, unless your doctor has told you to. Dairy products can make it harder for your body to absorb the medicine.
Demeclocycline may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Demeclocycline can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
Do not take iron supplements, multivitamins, calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking demeclocycline. Also avoid a product that contains bismuth subsalicylate (such as Pepto-Bismol) within 2 hours before or after taking demeclocycline. These medications can make it harder for your body to absorb demeclocycline.
What other drugs will affect demeclocycline (Declomycin)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- colestipol (Colestid);
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- isotretinoin (Accutane);
- vitamin A or a retinoid such as acitretin (Soriatane) or tretinoin (Renova, Retin-A, Vesanoid);
- an antacid such as Tums, Rolaids, Milk of Magnesia, Maalox, and others;
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin); or
- a penicillin antibiotic such as amoxicillin (Amoxil, Trimox, others), penicillin (BeePen-VK, Pen-Vee K, Veetids, others), dicloxacillin (Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with demeclocycline. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about demeclocycline.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Declomycin Information
- Declomycin Drug Interactions Center: demeclocycline oral
- Declomycin Side Effects Center
- Declomycin Overview including Precautions
- Declomycin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Declomycin - User Reviews
Declomycin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.