Deconsal CT Side Effects Center
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What is Patient Information in Detail?
Easy-to-read and understand detailed drug information and pill images for the patient or caregiver from Cerner Multum.
Deconsal CT in Detail - Patient Information: Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat;
- severe dizziness, anxiety, restless feeling, or nervousness, confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- easy bruising or bleeding, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, stomach pain, constipation, mild loss of appetite;
- dry mouth;
- warmth, tingling, or redness under your skin;
- blurred vision;
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- problems with memory or concentration;
- restless or excitability (especially in children);
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the entire detailed patient monograph for Deconsal CT (Phenylephrine HCl and Pyrilamine Maleate Tannate Chewable Tablets) »
What is Prescribing information?
The FDA package insert formatted in easy-to-find categories for health professionals and clinicians.
Deconsal CT FDA Prescribing Information: Side Effects
The most common effects associated with antihistamines have been drowsiness sedation, dryness of mucous membranes, and gastrointestinal effects. Serious side effects with oral antihistamines or sympathomimetics have been rare.
Other adverse reactions may include:
Gastrointestinal - epigastric discomfort, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation. Respiratory - tightness of the chest and wheezing, shortness of breath. Hematologic - hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis.
Read the entire FDA prescribing information for Deconsal CT (Phenylephrine HCl and Pyrilamine Maleate Tannate Chewable Tablets) »
Additional Deconsal CT Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.