"What is high blood pressure (hypertension)?
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, affects nearly a third of all Americans. With hypertension, too much force is exerted on the arteries as blood is pumped through. This results "...
Demadex Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is torsemide (Demadex)?
- What are the possible side effects of torsemide
- What is the most important information I should know about torsemide (Demadex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking torsemide (Demadex)?
- How should I take torsemide (Demadex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Demadex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Demadex)?
- What should I avoid while taking torsemide (Demadex)?
- What other drugs will affect torsemide (Demadex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking torsemide (Demadex)?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to torsemide, or if you are unable to urinate.
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take torsemide:
- kidney disease;
- cirrhosis or other liver disease; or
- an allergy to sulfa drugs.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether torsemide passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take torsemide (Demadex)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your blood will need to be tested on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure often has no symptoms.
Store this medication at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not allow the tablets to freeze.
Additional Demadex Information
- Demadex Drug Interactions Center: torsemide oral
- Demadex Side Effects Center
- Demadex Overview including Precautions
- Demadex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Demadex - User Reviews
Demadex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.