"A new consumer-friendly form ( is now available for making reports to MedWatch, the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) on-line system for collecting information about serious problems with drugs, medical devices and other FDA-"...
Demser Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is metyrosine (Demser)?
- What are the possible side effects of metyrosine (Demser)?
- What is the most important information I should know about metyrosine (Demser)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking metyrosine (Demser)?
- How should I take metyrosine (Demser)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Demser)?
- What happens if I overdose (Demser)?
- What should I avoid while taking metyrosine (Demser)?
- What other drugs will affect metyrosine (Demser)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking metyrosine (Demser)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to metyrosine.
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication:
- heart disease;
- kidney disease; or
- liver disease.
It is not known whether metyrosine is harmful to an unborn baby. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether metyrosine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take metyrosine (Demser)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water. Drink 6 to 8 full glasses of water while you are taking metyrosine. This will help keep crystals from forming in your urine.
Store metyrosine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Demser Information
- Demser Drug Interactions Center: metyrosine oral
- Demser Side Effects Center
- Demser Overview including Precautions
- Demser FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Demser - User Reviews
Demser User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.