"Aug. 5, 2013 -- Anyone who develops a rash, blister, or some other skin reaction while taking acetaminophen should stop using the drug and seek medical care immediately. The painkiller poses the risk for three rare but potentially fatal skin diso"...
Denavir Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Denavir
Generic Name: penciclovir topical (Pronunciation: pen SYE kloe veer TAH pih kal)
- What is penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- What are the possible side effects of penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- What is the most important information I should know about penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- Who should not use penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- How should I use penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Denavir)?
- What happens if I overdose (Denavir)?
- What should I avoid while using penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- What other drugs will affect penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
Penciclovir is an antiviral medication.
Penciclovir is used topically for the treatment of recurrent cold sores.
Penciclovir topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
Serious side effects have not been reported with the use of penciclovir topical.
Other less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to use penciclovir topical and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- local numbness or tingling where the cream is applied;
- changes in taste;
- rash; or
- irritation at the application site.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Denavir (penciclovir) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about penciclovir topical (Denavir)?
Do not apply penciclovir topical to the inside of the nose or in or near the eyes, as it may cause irritation.
For best results, treatment with penciclovir topical should begin as soon as possible after symptoms appear.
Additional Denavir Information
Denavir - User Reviews
Denavir User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.