Dental Braces (cont.)
In this Article
- What types of braces are available?
- How do braces work?
- How long will I have to wear braces?
- How often will I need to see the orthodontist during treatment?
- Will braces cause pain?
- Does the age at which I get braces affect the success of treatment?
- Can I continue to play sports while wearing braces?
- What care can I expect after the braces come off?
- How much do braces cost?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
How Much Do Braces Cost?
The cost of braces varies, but you can expect the cost to be between $1,800 and $5,500. Some insurance carriers provide partial coverage for orthodontic treatment while others provide none at all. Check with your insurance provider for the specifics of what your policy covers.
Reviewed by the doctors at The Cleveland Clinic Department of Dentistry.
Reviewed by Jay H. Rosoff, DDS on March 01, 2007
Edited by Charlotte E. Grayson Mathis, MD, on May 01, 2005
Portions of this page © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2005
Last Editorial Review: 5/1/2007
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.