Dental Implants (cont.)
In this Article
- What are dental implants?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of dental implants?
- How successful are dental implants?
- Can anyone get dental implants?
- Does insurance cover the cost of dental implants?
- What is involved in getting a dental implant?
- How painful are dental implants?
- How do I care for my implant?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
How Painful Are Dental Implants?
Most people who have received dental implants say that there is very little discomfort involved in the procedure. Local anesthesia can be used during the procedure, and most patients report that implants involve less pain than a tooth extraction.
How Do I Care for Dental Implants?
Dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
WebMD Medical Reference
Reviewed by Elverne M. Tonn, DDS, on February 8, 2009
Last Editorial Review: 2/8/2009
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.