Depakote Sprinkle Capsules
Depakote Sprinkle Capsules
Depakote Sprinkle Capsules Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What are the possible side effects of divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What is the most important information I should know about divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- How should I take divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What happens if I overdose (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What should I avoid while taking divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- What other drugs will affect divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose symptoms may include sleepiness or drowsiness, shallow breathing, weak pulse, or loss of consciousness.
What should I avoid while taking divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of divalproex sodium.
Divalproex sodium may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Divalproex sodium can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
What other drugs will affect divalproex sodium (Depakote Sprinkle Capsules)?
Cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for depression or anxiety can add to sleepiness caused by divalproex sodium. Tell your doctor if you regularly use any of these medicines, or any other seizure medication.
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- topiramate (Topamax);
- tolbutamide (Orinase);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- aspirin or acetaminophen (Tylenol);
- zidovudine (Retrovir);
- clozapine (Clozaril, FazaClo);
- diazepam (Valium);
- meropenem (Merrem) or imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater); or
- ethosuximide (Zarontin).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with divalproex sodium. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about divalproex sodium.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 9.01. Revision date: 7/14/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Depakote Sprinkle Capsules Information
- Depakote Sprinkle Capsules Drug Interactions Center: divalproex oral
- Depakote Sprinkle Capsules Side Effects Center
- Depakote Sprinkle Capsules Overview including Precautions
- Depakote Sprinkle Capsules FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Depakote Sprinkle Capsules - User Reviews
Depakote Sprinkle Capsules User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.