"Nov. 26, 2012 -- Pediatricians should routinely talk to their teen patients about emergency birth control and write them prescriptions for “morning-after pills” so they can get them quickly if necessary, according to a new policy statement from t"...
The use of Depo-Provera CI is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Known or suspected pregnancy or as a diagnostic test for pregnancy.
- Active thrombophlebitis, or current or past history of thromboembolic disorders, or cerebral vascular disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Known or suspected malignancy of breast [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Known hypersensitivity to Depo-Provera CI (medroxyprogesterone acetate) or any of its other ingredients [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Significant liver disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/11/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Depo-Provera Information
Depo Provera - User Reviews
Depo Provera User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.