"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that it has approved an amended application submitted by Teva Women's Health, Inc. to market Plan B One-Step (active ingredient levonorgestrel) for use without a prescription by women 15 years"...
Depo-SubQ Provera Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What are the possible side effects of medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What is the most important information I should know about medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- How should I use medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What happens if I overdose (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What should I avoid while using medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- What other drugs will affect medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose of this medication.
What happens if I overdose (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while using medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
This medication will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases--including HIV and AIDS. Using a condom is the only way to protect yourself from these diseases.
What other drugs will affect medroxyprogesterone (Depo-SubQ Provera)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- seizure medication; or
- an oral, nasal, inhaled, or injectable steroid medicine.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with medroxyprogesterone. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about medroxyprogesterone.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.01. Revision date: 5/10/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Depo-SubQ Provera Information
- Depo-SubQ Provera Drug Interactions Center: medroxyprogesterone subq
- Depo-SubQ Provera Side Effects Center
- Depo-SubQ Provera Overview including Precautions
- Depo-SubQ Provera FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Depo-SubQ Provera - User Reviews
Depo-SubQ Provera User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.