"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA; Ameluz, Biofrontera) gel in combination with the activating BF-RhodoLED photodynamic therapy (PDT) lamp for treatment of patients with actinic keratosis ("...
- Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) should be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact, wash eyes liberally with water.
- Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- Patients should report any worsening of their skin condition to their physician promptly.
- Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) should not be applied under occlusion unless directed by the physician. Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) should not be applied to the diaper area as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive use.
- Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) should not be used on the face, axillae, or groin unless directed by the physician.
- As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control of disease is achieved. Contact the physician if no improvement is seen within 2 weeks.
- Do not use other corticosteroid-containing products while using Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) without first consulting your physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/3/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Derma-Smoothe/FS Information
Derma-Smoothe/FS - User Reviews
Derma-Smoothe/FS User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.