"Aug. 5, 2013 -- Anyone who develops a rash, blister, or some other skin reaction while taking acetaminophen should stop using the drug and seek medical care immediately. The painkiller poses the risk for three rare but potentially fatal skin diso"...
Derma-Smoothe/FS Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Derma-Smoothe/FS, Derma-Smoothe/FS (Scalp)
Generic Name: fluocinolone topical oil (Pronunciation: floo oh SIN oh lone TOP i kal)
- What is fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- How should I use fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What happens if I overdose (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What should I avoid while using fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- What other drugs will affect fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
Fluocinolone topical (for the skin) is a steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Fluocinolone body oil is used to treat atopic dermatitis (a form of eczema). Fluocinolone scalp oil is used to treat scalp psoriasis.
Fluocinolone topical oil may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have severe irritation of any treated skin, or if you show signs of absorbing fluocinolone topical oil through your skin, such as:
- blurred vision, headache;
- thinning skin, easy bruising;
- mood changes;
- weight gain, puffiness in your face; or
- muscle weakness, feeling tired.
Common side effects may include:
- mild skin itching, burning, dryness, or other irritation;
- temporary hair loss;
- swollen hair follicles;
- blisters, pimples, or crusting of treated skin;
- changes in color of treated skin;
- skin rash or irritation around your mouth;
- fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose; or
- red spots or the appearance of tiny veins (especially around your nose, cheeks, or chin).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Derma-Smoothe/FS (fluocinolone acetonide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluocinolone topical oil (Derma-Smoothe/FS)?
Do not use this medicine in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Topical steroid medicine can be absorbed through the skin, which may cause steroid side effects throughout the body.
This medication contains peanut oil. Tell your doctor if you have a peanut allergy.
Children can absorb larger amounts of this medication through the skin and may be more likely to have side effects.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks of treatment, if your symptoms get worse, or if you develop signs of a skin infection while using fluocinolone topical oil.
Additional Derma-Smoothe/FS Information
Derma-Smoothe/FS - User Reviews
Derma-Smoothe/FS User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.