- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact, wash eyes liberally with water.
- This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- Patients should promptly report to their physician any worsening of their skin condition.
- Parents of pediatric patients should be advised not to use Derma-Smoothe/FS® in the treatment of diaper dermatitis. Derma-Smoothe/FS® should not be applied to the diaper area as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive dressing.
- This medication should not be used on the face, underarm, or groin unless directed by the physician.
- As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact the physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/12/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS Information
Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS - User Reviews
Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.