"Some cryogenic wart removers—which remove warts from the skin by freezing them off—have caught fire during use at home, harming consumers or setting fire to items around the house.
Since 2009, the Food and Drug Administratio"...
Dermatop Emollient Cream
Dermatop Emollient Cream
Dermatop Emollient Cream Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Dermatop
Generic Name: prednicarbate topical (Pronunciation: pred ni KAR bate)
- What is prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What are the possible side effects of prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What is the most important information I should know about prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- How should I use prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What should I avoid while using prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- What other drugs will affect prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
Prednicarbate is a topical (for the skin) steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Prednicarbate topical is used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis.
Prednicarbate topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using prednicarbate topical and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- blurred vision, or seeing halos around lights;
- mood changes;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- weight gain, puffiness in your face; or
- muscle weakness, feeling tired.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild skin rash, itching, burning, swelling, or dryness;
- thinning or softening of your skin;
- skin rash or irritation around your mouth;
- swollen hair follicles;
- numbness or tingling;
- changes in color of treated skin;
- blisters, pimples, or crusting of treated skin; or
- stretch marks.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Dermatop Emollient Cream (prednicarbate emollient cream) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about prednicarbate topical (Dermatop Emollient Cream)?
Use this medication exactly as directed on the label, or as it has been prescribed by your doctor. Do not use the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Topical steroid medicine can be absorbed through the skin, which may cause steroid side effects throughout the body.
Do not cover treated skin areas with a bandage or other covering unless your doctor has told you to. If you are treating the diaper area of a baby, do not use plastic pants or tight-fitting diapers. Covering the skin that is treated with prednicarbate topical can increase the amount of medicine your skin absorbs, which may lead to unwanted side effects. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Do not use this medication on a child without a doctor's advice. Children are more likely to absorb large amounts of a topical steroid through the skin. Steroid absorption in children may cause unwanted side effects, or a delay in growth with long-term use. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using this medication over a long treatment period.
Contact your doctor if your condition does not improve within 2 weeks of using this medicine, or if you develop signs of a bacterial, fungal, or viral skin infection.
Additional Dermatop Emollient Cream Information
Dermatop Emollient Cream - User Reviews
Dermatop Emollient Cream User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.