"Urinary incontinence (UI) in men facts
*Urinary incontinence (UI) in men facts Medically Edited by: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
- The definition of urinary incontinence in men is the unintentional loss of urine. Wea"...
Detrol Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is tolterodine (Detrol)?
- What are the possible side effects of tolterodine (Detrol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about tolterodine (Detrol)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking tolterodine (Detrol)?
- How should I take tolterodine (Detrol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Detrol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Detrol)?
- What should I avoid while taking tolterodine (Detrol)?
- What other drugs will affect tolterodine (Detrol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking tolterodine (Detrol)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to tolterodine or fesoterodine (Toviaz), or if you have:
- a blockage of the urinary tract (difficulty urinating);
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines; or
- untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma.
To make sure you can safely take tolterodine, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- myasthenia gravis;
- glaucoma; or
- a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether tolterodine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication..
It is not known whether tolterodine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take tolterodine (Detrol)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Take this medication with water.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Detrol Information
Detrol - User Reviews
Detrol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.