Devic's Syndrome (cont.)
In this Article
- What is neuromyelitis optica?
- What are the symptoms of neuromyelitis optica?
- How is neuromyelitis optica diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for neuromyelitis optica?
- What is the prognosis for neuromyelitis optica?
- What research is being done?
What research is being done?
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) conducts research related to neuromyelitis optica in laboratories at the NIH and also supports additional research through grants to major medical institutions across the country. Much of this research focuses on finding better ways to prevent, treat, and ultimately cure rare neurological syndromes such as neuromyelitis optica.
NIH Patient Recruitment for Neuromyelitis Optica Clinical Trials
- At NIH Clinical Center
- Throughout the U.S. and Worldwide
- NINDS Clinical Research Collaboration Trials
SOURCE: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health. NINDS Neuromyelitis Optica Information Page.
Last Editorial Review: 5/14/2010
Viewers share their comments
Get breaking medical news.