Devic's Syndrome (cont.)
In this Article
- Neuromyelitis optica facts*
- What is neuromyelitis optica?
- What are the symptoms of neuromyelitis optica?
- How is neuromyelitis optica diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for neuromyelitis optica?
- What is the prognosis for neuromyelitis optica?
- What research is being done?
What research is being done?
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) conducts research related to NMO in laboratories at the NIH and also supports additional research through grants to major medical institutions across the country. Much of this research focuses on finding better ways to prevent, treat, and ultimately cure rare neurological syndromes such as NMO.
Medically reviewed by William Baer, MD; Board Certified Ophthalmology
Last update: 5/14/2010
"NINDS Neuromyelitis Optica Information Page." National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. 14 Feb. 2014.
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
Get breaking medical news.