"U.S. Marshals, acting on behalf of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, today seized tainted dietary supplements from Globe All Wellness, LLC (Globe All), in Hollywood, Fla. The products may be unsafe because they contain an undisclosed active "...
Didrex Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Didrex
Generic Name: benzphetamine (Pronunciation: benz FET ah meen)
- What is benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- What are the possible side effects of benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- How should I take benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Didrex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Didrex)?
- What should I avoid while taking benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- What other drugs will affect benzphetamine (Didrex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is benzphetamine (Didrex)?
Benzphetamine is a stimulant that is similar to an amphetamine. Benzphetamine is an appetite suppressant that affects the central nervous system.
Benzphetamine is used togther with diet and exercise to treat obesity (overweight).
Benzphetamine may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Didrex 50 mg
round, peach, imprinted with DIDREX 50
What are the possible side effects of benzphetamine (Didrex)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking benzphetamine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- swelling in your ankles or feet;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling restless or hyperactive;
- headache, dizziness, tremors;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- increased sweating;
- dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- nausea, diarrhea upset stomach; or
- skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Didrex (benzphetamine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about benzphetamine (Didrex)?
Taking benzphetamine together with other diet medications (including medicines available over the counter) can cause a rare fatal lung disorder called pulmonary hypertension. Do not take benzphetamine with any other diet medications without your doctor's advice.
Benzphetamine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of benzphetamine.
Benzphetamine is only part of a complete program of treatment that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.
Benzphetamine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Never share benzphetamine with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep track of the amount of medicine used from each new bottle. Benzphetamine is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if anyone is using your medicine improperly or without a prescription.
Additional Didrex Information
- Didrex Drug Interactions Center: benzphetamine oral
- Didrex Side Effects Center
- Didrex Overview including Precautions
- Didrex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Didrex - User Reviews
Didrex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.