"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today that injectable drugs used in total parenteral nutrition (TPN) in critical shortage will be imported into the United States and available to patients this week.
TPN is an intravenous"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
Dienestrol Side Effects Center
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What is Prescribing information?
The FDA package insert formatted in easy-to-find categories for health professionals and clinicians.
Dienestrol FDA Prescribing Information: Side Effects
(See WARNINGS regarding induction of neoplasia, adverse effects on the fetus, increased incidence of gall bladder disease, and adverse effects similar to those of oral contraceptives, including thromboembolism.) The following additional adverse reactions have been reported with estrogenic therapy, including oral contraceptives:
1. Genitourinary system.
- Increase in size of uterine fibromyomata.
- Vaginal candidiasis.
- Breakthrough bleeding, spotting, change in menstrual flow.
- Dysmenorrhea. Premenstrual-like syndrome.
- Amenorrhea during and after treatment.
- Change in cervical eversion and in degree of cervical secretion.
- Cystitis-like syndrome.
Tenderness, enlargement, secretion.
- Erythema multiforme.
- Erythema nodosum.
- Hemorrhagic eruption.
- Loss of scalp hair.
- Chloasma or melasma which may persist when drug is discontinued.
- Steepening of corneal curvature.
- Intolerance to contact lenses.
- Reduced carbohydrate tolerance.
- Aggravation of porphyria.
- Changes in libido.
- Increase or decrease in weight.
Read the entire FDA prescribing information for Dienestrol (Dienestrol) »
Additional Dienestrol Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.