Differin Lotion .1
Differin Lotion .1
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
- Apply a thin film of DIFFERIN Lotion to the affected areas of the skin once daily, after washing gently with a mild soapless cleanser. Dispense a nickel size amount of DIFFERIN Lotion (3-4 actuations of the pump) to cover the entire face. Avoid application to the areas of skin around eyes, lips and mucous membranes. DIFFERIN Lotion may cause irritation such as erythema, scaling, dryness, stinging or burning.
- Advise patients to cleanse the area to be treated with a mild or soapless cleanser; pat dry. Apply DIFFERIN Lotion to the entire face
- or other acne affected areas as a thin layer, avoiding the eyes, lips and mucous membranes.
- Exposure of the eye to this medication may result in reactions such as swelling, conjunctivitis and eye irritation.
- Patients should be advised not to use more than the recommended amount and not to apply more than once daily as this will not produce faster results, but may increase irritation.
- Advise patients to minimize exposure to sunlight including sunlamps. Recommend the use of sunscreen products and protective apparel (e.g., hat) when exposure cannot be avoided.
- Moisturizers may be used if necessary; however, products containing alpha hydroxy or glycolic acids should be avoided.
- This medication should not be applied to cuts, abrasions, eczematous, or sunburned skin.
- Wax depilation should not be performed on treated skin due to the potential for skin erosions.
- This product is for external use only.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/21/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Differin Lotion .1 Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.