Lanoxin) is made. These chemicals can increase the strength of heart muscle contractions, change heart rate, and increase heart blood output.
In this Article
- What other names is Digitalis known by?
- What is Digitalis?
- How does Digitalis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Digitalis.
Digitalis isn't safe for anyone to use without the advice and care of a healthcare professional. Some people are especially sensitive to the toxic side effects of digitalis and should be extra careful to avoid use.
Do not use digitalis if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have heart disease.
- You have kidney disease.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.