Lanoxin) is made. These chemicals can increase the strength of heart muscle contractions, change heart rate, and increase heart blood output.
In this Article
- What other names is Digitalis known by?
- What is Digitalis?
- How does Digitalis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Digitalis.
Digitalis isn't safe for anyone to use without the advice and care of a healthcare professional. Some people are especially sensitive to the toxic side effects of digitalis and should be extra careful to avoid use.
Do not use digitalis if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have heart disease.
- You have kidney disease.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.