- What other names is Diosmin known by?
- What is Diosmin?
- How does Diosmin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Diosmin.
Diosmin is used for treating various disorders of blood vessels including hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation in the legs (venous stasis), and bleeding (hemorrhage) in the eye or gums. It is also used to treat swelling of the arms (lymphedema) following breast cancer surgery, and to protect against liver toxicity. It is often taken in combination with hesperidin, another plant chemical.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating hemorrhoids and preventing recurrence, when used in combination with hesperidin.
- Treating leg ulcers caused by poor circulation, when used in combination with hesperidin.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating swelling of the arms (lymphedema) following surgery for breast cancer, when used in combination with hesperidin.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Varicose veins.
- Bleeding (hemorrhage) in the eye.
- Bleeding gums.
- Preventing damage to the liver.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Diosmin work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.