"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved a new use for Simponi (golimumab) injection to treat adults with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis.
Simponi works by blocking tumor necrosis factor (TNF), which plays an important"...
Dipentum Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- What are the possible side effects of olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- What is the most important information I should know about olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- How should I take olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dipentum)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dipentum)?
- What should I avoid while taking olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- What other drugs will affect olsalazine (Dipentum)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking olsalazine (Dipentum)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to olsalazine or to salicylates such as aspirin, Novasal, Doan's Extra Strength, Salflex, Tricosal, and others.
Before taking olsalazine, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- asthma or other allergies;
- kidney disease; or
- liver disease.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take olsalazine.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Olsalazine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take olsalazine (Dipentum)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take olsalazine with a full glass of water.
Store olsalazine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Dipentum Information
Dipentum - User Reviews
Dipentum User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.