"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes patches of skin redness and irritation. Psoriasis is"...
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions. This information is intended to aid in the safe and effective use of this medication. It is not a disclosure of all possible adverse or intended effects.
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician and should not be used longer than the prescribed time period. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged, or otherwise covered or wrapped, so as to be occlusive (See DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION section).
- Patients should report to their physician any signs of local adverse reactions.
- Patients should be advised not to use DIPROLENE Lotion (betamethasone dipropionate) in the treatment of diaper dermatitis. DIPROLENE Lotion (betamethasone dipropionate) should not be applied in the diaper areas as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive dressing (See DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).
- This medication should not be used on the face, underarms, or groin areas unless directed by the physician.
- As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact the physician.
- Other corticosteroid-containing products should not be used with Diprolene Lotion (betamethasone dipropionate) .
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/2/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Diprolene Lotion Information
Diprolene Lotion - User Reviews
Diprolene Lotion User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.