- What other names is Dong Quai known by?
- What is Dong Quai?
- How does Dong Quai work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Dong Quai.
Possibly Effective for...
- Premature ejaculation, when applied directly to the skin of the penis in combination with other medicines.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Menopausal symptoms.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Menstrual problems (dysmenorrhea), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), high blood pressure, joint aches and pains, ulcers, anemia, constipation, skin discoloration and psoriasis, the prevention and treatment of allergic problems, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Dong Quai work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.