"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Viberzi (eluxadoline) and Xifaxan (rifaximin), two new treatments, manufactured by two different companies, for irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D) in adult men and women.
Donnatal Extentabs Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Bellatal, Donnatal, D-Tal
Generic Name: belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Pronunciation: BEL a DON a AL ka loids and FEEN oh BAR bi tal)
- What is belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What are the possible side effects of belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What is the most important information I should know about belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- How should I take belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What happens if I overdose (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What should I avoid while taking belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- What other drugs will affect belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
Phenobarbital is in a group of drugs called barbiturates (bar-BIT-chur-ates). Phenobarbital slows the activity of your brain and nervous system.
Belladonna alkaloids produce many effects in the body, including reduced muscle spasms in the digestive or urinary tract, and reduced fluid secretions from certain glands or organs.
The belladonna alkaloids included in this medication include atropine, hyoscyamine, and scopolamine.
The combination of belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital is used to treat irritable bowel syndrome and ulcers in the intestine.
Belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, white, imprinted with R, 42 50
What are the possible side effects of belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- painful or difficult urination;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- blurred vision with eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- feeling like you might pass out; or
- mouth sores, red or bleeding gums, or tooth decay (with long-term use).
Less serious side effects may include:
- blurred vision, increased sensitivity to light;
- dry mouth;
- decreased taste sensation;
- decreased sweating or urination;
- headache, dizziness, weakness;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating;
- feeling restless or excited; or
- impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Donnatal Extentabs (belladonna alkaloids, phenobarbital) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital (Donnatal Extentabs)?
Phenobarbital may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. This medication should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Do not take this medication together with a potassium supplement unless your doctor has told you to.
Tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital.
This medication can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication or you could have increased dizziness and drowsiness.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital can decrease perspiration and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse.
Additional Donnatal Extentabs Information
Donnatal Extentabs - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.