"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes patches of skin redness and irritation. Psoriasis is"...
Easy Dritho-Scalp® Application Instructions
- Wet your scalp thoroughly.
- Part off your hair one inch at a time to examine and treat each plaque.
- Wearing disposable gloves, apply a "pea size" drop of Dritho-Scalp® directly to all plaques by rubbing in thoroughly but gently. Avoid ears, eyes and neck, and be careful not to smear on unaffected skin. Tip: Petroleum jelly can be applied to ear folds and neck to minimize contact and avoid irritation.
- Cover scalp with shower cap to prevent staining and smearing. Line the edges of the cap with cotton coil or folded tissues.
- Do not leave Dritho-Scalp® on any longer than directed by your dermatologist. Remove immediately when time is up.
- Shampoo out thoroughly but gently. Lean head back when rinsing to avoid Dritho-Scalp® contact with the face and eyes. If it gets into your eyes or on your face, rinse thoroughly and call your dermatologist.
- Immediately clean the shower or bathroom fixture, rinsing thoroughly. Dishwashing detergent may help to remove residue.
- Dry off with an old towel as staining of fabrics is permanent.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/26/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Dritho-Scalp Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.