"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a foam containing calcipotriene and betamethasone dipropionate (Enstilar, Leo Pharma Inc) for topical treatment of plaque psoriasis in adults 18 years of age and older, according to a "...
Easy Dritho-Scalp® Application Instructions
- Wet your scalp thoroughly.
- Part off your hair one inch at a time to examine and treat each plaque.
- Wearing disposable gloves, apply a "pea size" drop of Dritho-Scalp® directly to all plaques by rubbing in thoroughly but gently. Avoid ears, eyes and neck, and be careful not to smear on unaffected skin. Tip: Petroleum jelly can be applied to ear folds and neck to minimize contact and avoid irritation.
- Cover scalp with shower cap to prevent staining and smearing. Line the edges of the cap with cotton coil or folded tissues.
- Do not leave Dritho-Scalp® on any longer than directed by your dermatologist. Remove immediately when time is up.
- Shampoo out thoroughly but gently. Lean head back when rinsing to avoid Dritho-Scalp® contact with the face and eyes. If it gets into your eyes or on your face, rinse thoroughly and call your dermatologist.
- Immediately clean the shower or bathroom fixture, rinsing thoroughly. Dishwashing detergent may help to remove residue.
- Dry off with an old towel as staining of fabrics is permanent.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/26/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Dritho-Scalp Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.