"Dec. 12, 2012 -- Heavy coffee drinkers -- those who drink more than four cups a day -- may cut their risk of dying from cancers of the mouth and throat by nearly half, according to new research.
"We examined coffee drinking habits in "...
Dtic-Dome Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Dtic-Dome
Generic Name: dacarbazine (Pronunciation: da CKAR ba zeen)
- What is dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- What are the possible side effects of dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- How is dacarbazine given (Dtic-Dome)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dtic-Dome)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dtic-Dome)?
- What should I avoid while receiving dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- What other drugs will affect dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
Dacarbazine is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
Dacarbazine is used to treat skin cancer (malignant melanoma) and Hodgkin's disease.
Dacarbazine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe or continued vomiting;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating; or
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- loss of appetite;
- temporary hair loss;
- mild skin rash; or
- numbness, warmth, redness, or tingly feeling in your face.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Dtic-Dome (dacarbazine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about dacarbazine (Dtic-Dome)?
Avoid eating anything for 4 to 6 hours before your injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
Tell your caregivers if you feel any burning, pain, or swelling around the IV needle when dacarbazine is injected.
Dacarbazine can lower blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Your blood may need to be tested often. Visit your doctor regularly.
Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using dacarbazine. The vaccine may not work as well during this time, and may not fully protect you from disease.
Additional Dtic-Dome Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.