Duac Topical Gel
Duac Topical Gel
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Patients using DUAC® Gel should receive the following information and instructions:
- DUAC® Gel is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, and inside the nose, mouth, and all mucous membranes, as this product may be irritating.
- This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- Patients should not use any other topical acne preparation unless otherwise directed by their physician.
- Patients should report any signs of local adverse reactions to their physician. Patients who develop allergic symptoms such as severe swelling or shortness of breath should discontinue use and contact their physician immediately.
- DUAC® Gel may bleach hair or colored fabric.
- DUAC® Gel can be stored at room temperature up to 25°C (77°F) for up to 2 months. Do not freeze. Keep tube tightly closed. Keep out of the reach of small children. Discard any unused product after 2 months.
- Before applying DUAC® Gel to affected areas, wash the skin gently, rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
- Excessive or prolonged exposure to sunlight should be limited. To minimize exposure to sunlight, a hat or other clothing should be worn.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/9/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Duac Topical Gel Information
Duac Topical Gel - User Reviews
Duac Topical Gel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.