Dupuytren Contracture (cont.)
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Jerry R. Balentine, DO, FACEP
Dr. Balentine received his undergraduate degree from McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland. He attended medical school at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine graduating in1983. He completed his internship at St. Joseph's Hospital in Philadelphia and his Emergency Medicine residency at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center in the Bronx, where he served as chief resident.
In this Article
- Dupuytren's contracture facts
- What is a Dupuytren's contracture?
- How fast does a Dupuytren's contracture develop?
- What are the causes and risk factors of a Dupuytren's contracture?
- What are the symptoms and signs of a Dupuytren's contracture?
- Is a Dupuytren's contracture limited to the hands?
- How is a Dupuytren's contracture diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for a Dupuytren's contracture?
- What are complications of Dupuytren's contractures?
- Can a Dupuytren's contracture be prevented?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for Dupuytren's contracture?
- Find a local Orthopedic Surgeon in your town
Can a Dupuytren's contracture be prevented?
There is no prevention method for a Dupuytren's contracture.
What is the prognosis (outlook) for a Dupuytren's contracture?
The outlook for the condition itself is generally good. It typically progresses very slowly. The outlook for the treatments varies, but all can be very effective.
Klippel, John H., et al., eds. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases. 13th ed. New York: Springer and Arthritis Foundation, 2008.
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
- Submit »
Find out what women really need.