"Dec. 18, 2012 -- People who can't get their high blood pressure down with drugs may be helped by a new procedure that deactivates overactive nerves in the kidneys, a small study shows.
The procedure is already available in Europe and "...
Dynacirc CR Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Dynacirc, Dynacirc CR
Generic Name: isradipine (Pronunciation: is RAD i peen)
- What is isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- What are the possible side effects of isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- How should I take isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dynacirc CR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dynacirc CR)?
- What should I avoid while taking isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- What other drugs will affect isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
Isradipine is in a group of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by relaxing the muscles of your heart and blood vessels.
Isradipine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is sometimes given with other blood pressure medications.
Isradipine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Dynacirc 2.5 mg
white, imprinted with S 2.5, DynaCirc
Isradipine 2.5 mg-ABR
beige, imprinted with ABRIKA 108
Isradipine 2.5 mg-COB
pink, imprinted with LOGO, IS 2.5
Isradipine 5 mg-ABR
yellow, imprinted with ABRIKA 109
Isradipine 5 mg-COB
yellow, imprinted with LOGO, IS 5
What are the possible side effects of isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling in your hands and feet;
- fast or pounding heartbeats; or
- chest pain.
Less serious side effects may include:
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin;
- weakness, tired feeling;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach; or
- skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Dynacirc CR (isradipine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about isradipine (Dynacirc CR)?
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to isradipine.
Before taking isradipine, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, congestive heart failure, or a narrowing or blockage in your digestive tract.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Isradipine can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Some tablet forms of isradipine are made with a shell that is not absorbed or melted in the body. Therefore, you may see what looks like part of a tablet in your stool. This is a normal side effect of isradipine and will not make the medication less effective.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms, so you may not know when your blood pressure is high. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood pressure will need to be checked on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Additional Dynacirc CR Information
- Dynacirc CR Drug Interactions Center: isradipine oral
- Dynacirc CR Side Effects Center
- Dynacirc CR Overview including Precautions
- Dynacirc CR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Dynacirc CR - User Reviews
Dynacirc CR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.