"The number of children living in the United States declined slightly, as did the percentage of the U.S. population who are children, according to the federal government's annual statistical report on the well-being of the nation's children and yo"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
(dicloxacillin sodium) Capsules
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Dicloxacillin sodium is a semisynthetic antibiotic substance which resists destruction by the enzyme penicillinase (beta-lactamase). It is monosodium (2S,5R,6R)-6-(3-(2,6-dichlorophenyl)5-methyl-4-isoxazolecarboxamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-OXO-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0] heptane-2-carboxylate monohydrate.
Dicloxacillin is administered orally via capsule form or powder for reconstitution.
Inactive Ingredients: Capsules: Magnesium Stearate.
- Capsule Shell and print Constituents:
- D& C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake,
- FD& C Blue #l Aluminum Lake,
- FD& C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake,
- FD& C Red #40 Aluminum Lake,
- Gelatin, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Synthetic Black Iron Oxide, Tiinium Dioxide and may contain Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium and/or Propylene Glycol.
What are the possible side effects of dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- urinating less than usual or not at...
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Dynapen Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.