"Jan. 7, 2013 -- Children whose dads were depressed during the pregnancy are more likely to exhibit emotional and behavioral problems at age 3, new research suggests.
The finding comes from an ongoing study of more than 30,000 Norwegia"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
Dynapen Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Dycill, Dynapen
Generic Name: dicloxacillin (Pronunciation: dye klox a SIL in)
- What is dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- What are the possible side effects of dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- How should I take dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Dynapen)?
- What happens if I overdose (Dynapen)?
- What should I avoid while taking dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- What other drugs will affect dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
Dicloxacillin is an antibiotic in the penicillin group of drugs. It fights bacteria in your body.
Dicloxacillin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria such as bronchitis, pneumonia, or staphylococcal (also called "staph") infections.
Dicloxacillin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Dicloxacillin 250 mg-APH
turquoise, imprinted with SQUIBB W048
Dicloxacillin 250 mg-TEV
capsule, green, imprinted with TEVA, 3123, TEVA 3123
Dicloxacillin 500 mg-APH
turquoise, imprinted with SQUIBB W058
Dicloxacillin 500 mg-TEV
capsule, green, imprinted with TEVA, 3125, TEVA 3125
What are the possible side effects of dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- severe skin rash, itching, or peeling;
- agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior; or
- seizure (black-out or convulsions).
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- swollen, black, or "hairy" tongue; or
- thrush (white patches or inside your mouth or throat).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Dynapen (dicloxacillin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about dicloxacillin (Dynapen)?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to dicloxacillin or to any other penicillin antibiotic, such as amoxicillin (Amoxil), ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), carbenicillin (Geocillin), oxacillin (Bactocill), penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, V-Cillin K, Veetids), and others.
Before using dicloxacillin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to cephalosporins such as Ceclor, Ceftin, Duricef, Keflex, and others, or if you have asthma, liver disease, kidney disease, or a history of any type of allergy.
Dicloxacillin can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. Before taking dicloxacillin, tell your doctor if you use birth control pills.
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Dicloxacillin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Additional Dynapen Information
- Dynapen Drug Interactions Center: dicloxacillin oral
- Dynapen Side Effects Center
- Dynapen FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.