Eastern Red Cedar
In this Article
- What other names is Eastern Red Cedar known by?
- What is Eastern Red Cedar?
- How does Eastern Red Cedar work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Eastern Red Cedar.
Sedative medications (Barbiturates)
Interaction Rating: Minor Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Medications that cause sleepiness and drowsiness are called sedatives. Eastern red cedar seems to decrease the effectiveness of some sedative medications. But is it not clear why this interaction occurs.
Some sedative medications include clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.