"The European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended the marketing of selexipag (Uptravi, Actelion Registration Ltd) for the treatment of adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)./"...
Edarbi Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What are the possible side effects of azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What is the most important information I should know about azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- How should I take azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Edarbi)?
- What happens if I overdose (Edarbi)?
- What should I avoid while taking azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What other drugs will affect azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking azilsartan (Edarbi)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to azilsartan.
If you have diabetes or kidney disease, you may not be able to take azilsartan if you are also taking a blood pressure medication that contains aliskiren (Amturnide, Tekturna, Tekamlo, or Valturna).
To make sure azilsartan is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood);
- congestive heart failure; or
- if you are on a low-salt diet.
FDA pregnancy category D. Do not use if you are pregnant, and stop using if you become pregnant. Azilsartan can cause injury or death to the unborn baby if you take the medicine during your second or third trimester. Use effective birth control.
It is not known whether azilsartan passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while taking azilsartan.
How should I take azilsartan (Edarbi)?
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Azilsartan may be taken with or without food.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
You may have very low blood pressure while taking this medication. Call your doctor if you are sick with vomiting or diarrhea, or if you are sweating more than usual.
Store in the original container at room temperature, away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Edarbi Information
Edarbi - User Reviews
Edarbi User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.