"Dec. 18, 2012 -- People who can't get their high blood pressure down with drugs may be helped by a new procedure that deactivates overactive nerves in the kidneys, a small study shows.
The procedure is already available in Europe and "...
Edarbi Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Edarbi
Generic Name: azilsartan (Pronunciation: AY zil SAR tan)
- What is azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What are the possible side effects of azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What is the most important information I should know about azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- How should I take azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Edarbi)?
- What happens if I overdose (Edarbi)?
- What should I avoid while taking azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- What other drugs will affect azilsartan (Edarbi)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is azilsartan (Edarbi)?
Azilsartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Azilsartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Azilsartan is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Azilsartan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of azilsartan (Edarbi)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- urinating less or not at all;
- confusion, loss of appetite, vomiting, pain in your side or lower back; or
- swelling, rapid weight gain.
Other common side effects may include:
- diarrhea, nausea;
- muscle spasm;
- mild dizziness; or
- weakness, tired feeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about azilsartan (Edarbi)?
Do not use azilsartan if you are pregnant. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to azilsartan.
Before you take azilsartan, tell your doctor about all your other medical conditions and allergies. Also make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. In some cases, you may not be able to use azilsartan, or you may need a dose adjustment or special precautions.
Additional Edarbi Information
Edarbi - User Reviews
Edarbi User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.