In this Article
- What other names is Elecampane known by?
- What is Elecampane?
- How does Elecampane work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Elecampane.
Sedative medications (CNS depressants)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Elecampane might cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Medications that cause sleepiness are called sedatives. Taking elecampane along with sedative medications might cause too much sleepiness.
Some sedative medications include clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.