Electron Beam Computerized Tomography (cont.)
In this Article
- What is an Electron Beam (Ultrafast) CT (EBCT)?
- How should I prepare for a heart CT scan?
- What can I expect during a heart CT scan?
- What happens after a heart CT scan?
- Is the heart CT scan covered by insurance?
Is the Heart CT Scan Covered by Insurance?
Because this CT scan is a screening examination, it is not currently covered under most insurance companies and Medicare. Therefore, you will likely be responsible for all involved costs at the time of the exam. The examination cost is about $350.00 and includes all lab, technical, medical and professional interpretation charges.
WebMD Medical Reference
Reviewed by Robert J Bryg, MD on September 15, 2009
Last Editorial Review: 9/15/2009
Get the latest treatment options.