"(Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc's experimental drug to treat psoriasis carries a potential risk of suicide that is challenging to assess due to limited data, a preliminary review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said"...
Inform patients of the following:
- Use ELOCON Cream as directed by the physician. It is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not use ELOCON Cream on the face, underarms, or groin areas unless directed by the physician.
- Do not use ELOCON Cream for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped so as to be occlusive, unless directed by the physician.
- Report any signs of local adverse reactions to the physician.
- Advise patients not to use ELOCON Cream in the treatment of diaper dermatitis. Do not apply ELOCON Cream in the diaper area, as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive dressing.
- Discontinue therapy when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact the physician.
- Do not use other corticosteroid-containing products with ELOCON Cream without first consulting with the physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/13/2017
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Elocon Information
Elocon Lotion - User Reviews
Elocon Lotion User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.