"Scientists at the National Institutes of Health report they have discovered in mouse studies that a small molecule released in the spinal cord triggers a process that is later experienced in the brain as the sensation of itch.
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions.
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped so as to be occlusive unless directed by the physician.
- Patients should report to their physician any signs of local adverse reactions.
- Parents of pediatric patients should be advised not to use ELOCON Lotion (mometasone furoate lotion) in the treatment of diaper dermatitis. ELOCON Lotion (mometasone furoate lotion) should not be applied in the diaper area, as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive dressing (see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).
- This medication should not be used on the face, underarms, or groin areas unless directed by the physician.
- As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact the physician.
- Other corticosteroid-containing products should not be used with ELOCON Lotion without first consulting with the physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/15/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Elocon Lotion Information
Elocon Lotion - User Reviews
Elocon Lotion User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.